First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Monday, October 31, 2005

(*) A weekend to embrace

Twas a good weekend... quiet, settled - and LOTS of beautiful lovely pouring soaking rain... we *really* need this amazing follow-up rain, really really!

I took my telescope a few km's out of town on Thursday night and spent about 4 hours just gazing up into the heavens... what a crisp clear night... I actually saw things up there I'd never seen before! Plus a few shooting stars along the way sure helped... wOOt!

Waaaay too wet to go sailing today... the race was postponed anyway. I went out there all the same and met a few more of the locals, and helped work on an old Lasar (sailing dinghy, not interstellar weapon...) with a few blokes. The sight of this elderly chap with his box of tricks full of boat spare parts and bits and pieces of years' worth of collected boating oddments reminded me sooooooo much of my dad doing exactly the same thing, I got a bit soppy thinking about it! A nice day, despite my inability to get the boat out... not to worry.

I gave myself about an hour to take a crack at that 5,000-question survey this arvo... I only got about 12% into it and realised it wasn't getting me too far... maybe I'll post my answers one day (if you'd like... let me know! lol)

Here's some funny pics for you to enjoy...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

On October 31, 2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Good luck on the 5,000 question survey. I do good to answer a 10 question survey!

 
On October 31, 2005 7:09 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

5,000 questions - blimey! And I just had a look at the survey, they are not small little questions either!

Maybe one day...

 
On October 31, 2005 10:44 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

Oh gawd... it was just *too* many! I just started repeating myself at about 12% !!! lol It wasn't as good as I thought it might be either...

 
On November 04, 2005 8:14 PM, Blogger D said...

Mal, you tease! Show us some answers!

;)

Hope you have a great weekend with the boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face