First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

(*) Fuck it!

NOTE: Rant follows - if you can't be bothered to take the happy with the shitty, then just skip this post. Ta.

JD has broken his leg, a week before his 12th birthday. How did I find out? When finally getting on to speak with the boys' mum late tonite (after being unable to since Tuesday), she casually mentioned that he'd broken his leg late last week.
"Whaaat? What happened? Why didn't you tell me"? I said in some surprise and consternation.
"He was running at school and did something to his ankle... he's getting a fresh cast put on on Tuesday."
"Oh gosh... is he alright? Why didn't you tell me about this when it happened, M?"
"Oh, I just assumed JD would have told you..."
"Whaat? You're his mother, I'm his father - it's up to you to tell me things like this!"
"Oh? Why...?"
I hung up.

That's where she's upto - she likes to play little games like this - she thinks it's funny or empowering or some shit or other. It's just damn frustrating. She's doing the exact opposite to what we agreed together when we met for ediation the other month. She's just not keeping me informed of the boy's movements or important things like - gees, is a broken leg important that I should really know? Do you THINK...?!? Fucking hell. "I just assumed..." How piss weak is that, eh? Am I wrong - tell me if I'm being totally unrealistic here, alright?

Oh yeah. Do I get to see my own son on his birthday Saturday? NO! "He's busy..." Bullshit. I'll ring him in the morning to check with him (and also see if M is listening in on the other phone - I've caught her listening in before, you know...) if HE wants to see me on his birthday! Since M is unwilling to inform me or allow me the basic access rights, I just have to play the game her way - and fuck her out at the same time, unfortunately - and go thru JD directly. She won't like me doing that, but she doesn't leave me any option, does she? I mean, the boys are the important ones, right? So, hasn't a 12 year old the right to decide if he wants to see his dad on his birthday, hmmm? Tell me if you think this is totally unreasonable, will you, alrite?

Gees, do you think it's time to get her back for mediation again - and this time with a solicitor present to pull her up on how she's abusing my legal rights as the boy's father?!? Hmmm... Hey - I am not the fucking agressor here, alright? Passive agression is her game, and her totally ignoring my existance as a 'person non grata' in the boy's life is fucking criminal - tell me if that is totally unreasonable of me to say that, alright?

No sleep for me tonight either... when she plays tricks like this on me (abusing my rights to acces of my own children), I get so emotionally entangled inside that my guts turn about in somersets and it's impossible to sleep. The brain just doesn't turn off. I HATE feeling like this. It's been 4 years now - you think she'd be over her pathetic pettiness by now? Shit shit shit fuck shit fuck it all!!!

Fins.
On This Day...
Born: Maureen Starkey (ringo's first wife, 1946), Percy Bysshe Shelley (poet, 1792).
Events: Great Britain declared war on Germany, 1914.
Useless Trivia: Moldova is situated between Romania and Ukraine.
My Soundtrack: Pink Floyd "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" (their first LP!); "Smile!" Brian Wilson (finally - after almost 40 years!)
Footwear: shoes and sox - see how upset I am?
Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers :o)
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969)

6 Comments:

On August 04, 2005 10:47 PM, Blogger Link said...

Yep Fuckit. Now breathe. My commiserations, dealing with people sheesh!

 
On August 04, 2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

Thanx link... yeah, life's like that. Yes, I've been able to take a deep breath now... thanx also to Brian Wilson's "Smile" - pure 60's whimsey ;)

 
On August 05, 2005 4:41 AM, Blogger broomhilda said...

Big {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

 
On August 05, 2005 8:15 PM, Blogger 3rd daughter said...

make sure remember to breathe out too! you are well within your rights, mal. do what ever you need to do to get this sorted. sending hugs.

 
On August 05, 2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Yes, mediation again. Perhaps with a solicitor. I'd also say, if you're not doing it already, start keeping a detailed record of these things with conversations, incidents, dates and times. My commiserations too.

 
On August 24, 2005 4:15 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Sorry about your son's leg Mal...i just got to reading this post. Your wife should have called you or had your boy call you and tell you about it. I hope that if something happened to my husband and i that we would be able to work things out. I hope that things are working out now

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face