First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Unconscious Mutterings


Week 131
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Complexion:: Freckles
  2. Teach:: Enthusiastic energy
  3. Back to school:: Dictionaries
  4. Months:: not years
  5. Nominate:: your favourite three-toed sloth
  6. Favorite curse word:: fark
  7. Concerned:: for my sanity
  8. Better:: Days?
  9. Escalate::or
  10. Unveil:: the hidden yoghurt (???)


Sunday, August 07, 2005
What would you do in the following situations?

1. The store clerk undercharges you for an item you purchase? I'm stoopid enough that my double-take reflex would give it away! It's happened before - and only just recently! D'oh!
2. The cashier gives you change for a fifty dollar bill when you only gave her a twenty, and you don't realize it until you're out the door? Nowdays I'd go back and give it back... living in a country town, you've gotta support your local businesses - plus almost everybody knows you, and they'd wouldn't be too happy the next time you came in when they realised it was you who diddled 'em!
3. You see your best friend's husband/wife with another woman/man at a neighborhood restaurant? Assume nothing... if they start snogging or going for it on the table, then that'd be cause for concern! Hey, I know plenty of people who have good friends of the opposite sex who enjoy hanging out together, without fear of compromising themselves.
4. Your 15 year old asks you if you ever tried an alcoholic beverage before you were of legeal drinking age (and you have)? I'd tell them the truth... how alcohol really messed up my life at a young age. If they want to drink, do it socially with some trusted older friends. But not anti-social binging... OH MY GAWD! I sound like my PARENTS! AARRGGHHH!
5. You find a one hundred dollar bill laying on the floor of a department store? Well, it'd sure be tempting just to pocket it, wouldn't it? But no, I'd hand it in to the nearest teller - and get a receipt for it. Once again... 'assume nothing!'
They're baack! Oh my GAWD!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

On August 10, 2005 3:29 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

your better than me Mal, the hundred would have been mine..lol especially if i saw noone looking for it. But i am usually honest about change back to someone. I know what it is like if my drawer came up short. People can lose their jobs for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face