First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

(*) Xmas is rushing towards us too fast!

This Xmas will be my first in 4 years that I won't spend the day alone! wOOt! My brother and his missus have so very kindly invited me to stay for the night at their place, up on the Blue Mountains. That's just soooooo brilliant for me! My dearest sister-in-law - who I really love and I really *do* like and think is the greatest ever (really!!!) realised a few months' ago that my ex has fed her a whole lot of bs about me... my s-i-l was feeling awkward about me, but just recently realised that there was no evidence to back up what she'd been told about me! Isn't that cool? My s-i-l realised that the boys' mum has been spinning her a whole lot of fibbies out of her feelings of sheer guilt about how she's treated me over the past few years! So now it's cool for my bro his wife and I to just hang out together again, like we used to. I'm really looking forward to this Xmas - the first time in like 4 years!

The last few Xmas days have not been good ones... the first one I saw the boys open their presents at home then was promtly kicked out, then went to the place I was staying at and got excessively drunk and slept all afternoon!... I can't remember the second one off the top of my head... the third one I slept (again)... last year wasn't so bad, as my housemate and I spent the day just hanging out at home... I rarely get to see the boys on the actual day, but that's just the way it is. This year'll be different tho, finger's crossed.


Got SJ and Ix's birthdays to celebrate this month before then, tho! SJ turns 9 and Ix turns 7! Ack! Too fast! Too fast! They had their school photos taken yesterday... I've got last years' pics on the desk right in front of me right now, smiling away at me :)

Right now I'm enjoying some old memories listening to Men At Work's 'Contraband' CD... ahh, the early 80's in Aussie pop music, eh? lol Aussie Crawl, Men at Work etc etc! I never got to see MAW play, but I sure did see Chisel, Crawl, Angels Oils etc all play live back in those heady smoky-pub days.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

On November 02, 2005 3:49 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Divorce really sucks doesn't it? I'm happy you will be able to spend this Christmas with some of your family. And btw, why would your SIL not allow your own brother to see you? That's just not right. I would think your brother would be able to visit his own family unless you had done something directly to her. Glad to see the two of you will be getting back together and she has mellowed out!

 
On November 02, 2005 9:12 AM, Blogger birdychirp said...

oh I'm so pleased your Christmas plans have come together!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face