First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

(*) Keeps Freezing

Spend today (Sunday) helping out at the Sailing Club, removing the pontoon for the winter and doing a bit of maintenance on some of the the club boat trailers. Twas a nice relaxing productive day - and always nice hanging out with those blokes, even if it was just the three of us today! Three was a perfect number tho for what had to be done... we just wanted to get the pontoon in - which took hardly anytime at all (thankfully), and we thought - while we're here let's kill a few birds with one stone, so we got some things done that could've waited until say, September, but they're all done now - yay! Yeah, just a couple of blokes hanging around with some tools - it's a worry! hahahaa. By the way - there wasn't even a beer in sight! heh heh I took a few photos of the Club and surrounds, and I hope to down/upload them soon. The current water level is abysmal :(

JD rang me and 'told' me what he wanted for his 13th birthday in early August... not suggested or hinted, just right-out told me! heh heh... not a worry! I got him a 3-pack Rechargable Walkie Talkie CB Radio set, which he's been hanging out for a while for. So, I'm glad I was able to get him something he's actually wanting. In the back of my mind I'm considering haggling with the boys' mum to go halvies [or thirds] on a PS2 (Play Station 2) for the boys - their cost have come down awesomely recently... quite reasonable... anyways, it's just a thought... and ya, they already have a Play Station, but it's like 3rd-hand and keeps freezing on them... you know, when you live 30kms out of town and it's sub-zero temperatures outside, sometimes the boys need some other kinda play/hanging-out options... especially with their mum pegnant again and getting out of her hair! lol

Oh ya, I'm listening to Ben Harper's 1997 album "The Will To Live" - I think I'm a bit of a fan of this guy nowdays! I have FIVE of his albums already! Gasp! That's unheard of for me, especially when it comes to music that's kinda 'this millenium'! heh heh

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

On June 19, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm glad you got to hang out with some friends.

Happy belated Father's day Mal. Do Australians have that holiday?

Ps2's have really come down especially now when the ps3's are coming out on November 18th . They will be in the price range of 500 to 600 dollars.

 
On June 19, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

We didn't celebrate Father's Day this weekend down here! lol I mean... it's on at another time of the year down here!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face