First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

(*) Thriving now

"When I wake up early in the morning,
Lift my head, I'm still yawning
When I'm in the middle of a dream
Stay in bed, float up stream

Please don't wake me, no
don't shake me
Leave me where I am
I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need

Please don't spoil my day
I'm miles away
And after all
I'm only sleeping

Keeping an eye on the world going by my window
Taking my time

Lying there and staring at the ceiling
Waiting for a sleepy feeling..."

(Lennon/McCartney 1966)

What a mellow New Years Eve here for me! I did a bit of sewing - finishing up some blade bags for my new littl' boat, then cooked up some pasta, then watched a DVD of Shrek... I was snoring by 9.30! gagh! I was awoken by a gawd-almight BANG at 11.30, thining it was fireworks, but someone must have let off a pipebomb somewhere... it was freaking LOUD! Next thing I knew I rolled over at about 1.30am and thought, "Oh [yawn], I missed it...", rolled over and went back to blissful sleepies! heh heh

Gees, it's so much easier whipper snipping my postage-sized back yard grsswth line that actually works and doesn't break every 30 seconds! Sure, with the drought we haven't been watering our grass [but our pot plants are thriving...] so it hasn't been growing, but I've been putting off cleaning up some long nasty bits for about 3 months now! The last time I tried to use the snipper, I'd used some cheap el-nasty line, which was freaking USEless and broke seriously every 30 seconds and then unwound out of the feeder etc etc. I'm sure the poor snipper has never HEARD such language! heh heh. But this time... twas done in like 10 minutes! And now it looks like someone actually lives here! heh heh

My little flowers had been going well for about 2 years, but the big dry... well, they didn't survive my weeks' trip away to Brisbane without water! [I forgot to ask my housemate to water 'em! D'oh!] Out of three tubs, two of 'em just curled up and died. But one is thriving now with some water... I planted some new ones from seed in the two other tubs, and within like 6 days they were sprouting already! Cool! Tis not bad, considering I normally kill indoor plastic plants.

And even my small cactus-thingy plant that lives on the kitchen windowsill - the one I got back when I was first seperated in about October 2001 - is still growing and thriving! yay! That's the longest I've managed to keep a plant alive, i think! Even some small dope plants I tried to grow as a teenager died back then! rofl! Silly me! heh he

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

On January 02, 2007 12:52 PM, Blogger broomhilda said...

sorry about your plants, I also have been known to kill silk plants.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face