First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

(*) I feel awful

I am *so* ill. Seriously ill. It's like 2.30 on Tuesday morning, and I haven't been able to sleep since Sunday morning...

I had a general anesthetic on Thursday, to have day surgery, so four large pollops [growths] could be removed from my nose. No problem... went well with no dramas. I was looking forward to being able to breathe properly again, sleep on my back, not snore, get some sense of smell and taste back... one of the drawbacks was being unable to blow my nose for a week...

Well, come Friday afternoon, I come down with *the* worst case of flu I've had since July 2000! I haven't had flu much at all over the last few years, so when this one really started kicking in by Friday afernoon, I thought - oh god no...

It's now the 5th day since the flu hit with its wrath, and simply - I just haven't been able to get at all better at all! The worst part was my nose has been running like a tap... but I've been bale to blow very very softly to get some of the stuff out... the rest of it... well... diahorreah and vomiting are a result. Yeah - unpleasant stuff!

And to top it off, the ecxzema in my scalp decided that now would be a great time to kick in with a vengance also... there are three 'tiny' spots on my scalp that are *SO* freaking sore that it's just not funny! I mean - I am unable to lay down without them stinging like a knife! Gagh! And the pain relief I have is just not handling it... this being the fifth day, my own tolerance levels are just about shot... if I'm not any better in any degree by sunrise I'm off the the freaking hospital!

Well, the hot and cold sweats and chills are a bit less, and at least the vomiting and runs seem to have gone, but overall I feel bloody awful! It's the not being able to sleep is starting to wipe me out. I'm so blergh that even my teeth ache! heh heh I haven't even been able to go outside... t's been wet, cold and windy... not at all comforting, and i'm not feeling strong or confident to do any driving at the moment, let alone walk to the shops/doctor/hospital...! Come sunrise I might have to rose my housemate and ask her to drive me to the hospital! he heh What i feelI need is just some bloody strong pain relief and the ability to sleep for like 18 hours! I'm sure that would do the trick! heh heh.

Also, to top it all off, it's the first week of the school holidays, so I haven't been able to see the boys in this state... then I've also had to postpone a band audition, and miss a sailing club BBD get-together... bugger poo! Always the way... I was really looking forward to those so much too...

Ya, i know I'm sounding like one big bloody sook, but in all seriousness - I feel awful!

Wow... I'm glad I wrote that down, because after all this has passed and I'm well again, i honestly won't believe how freaking awful I was feeling there for what is now over 5 days!

Labels:

7 Comments:

On July 04, 2006 3:55 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Poor you! At least put some cream round the base of your nose to prevent it from chapping with constant drips. Hope you feel better real soon.

 
On July 04, 2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

Flu is a seriously nasty virus to get after having had surgery; your immune system will be all to pot and that's why you're struggling to overcome this thing.
Five days is an awfully long time to struggle on. Do go see your doctor soon; it's easy to get an infection on top of the flu. You need lemon tea with honey, lightly toasted wholewheat bread spread with jam, maybe some clear broth - things that are light on the stomach but give you some much needed energy. Absolutely no dairy products(they can ferment in the bowel and make you very uncomfortable when getting over diarrhoea). Oh and rest, rest, rest!
(gentle hugs)

 
On July 10, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I hope your feeling better real soon Mal. It sucks to be sick!

Take care of yourself.

 
On July 11, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger gammamoma said...

ya Mal, we want you to get better and be your old self again. We all know how rough it can be and we hope you're on the road to recovery now.

 
On July 15, 2006 11:51 PM, Blogger jac said...

Yuk! Hope you are feeling better. I had flu - the actual, proper flu - last year and i will never call a vague feeling of illness 'the flu' again. It really knocks you for six.

 
On July 25, 2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

Poor poor Mallard :( xx

 
On July 29, 2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Raehan said...

I hope you're feeling better now, Mal.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face