First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Friday, July 01, 2005

(*) Got to love

(Wed 29th June)

Hiya Paige. Just a few quick notes on the fly. I'm not such a blog-slave as I was a few months' ago... I still enjoy using this thing, but it's not the highest priority, but it's still there for me when I get a chance to write - and read!

After being without a kite for about (?) years, I splashed out and bought myself a nice dual-controlled kite. Now, if only it'd stop raining long enough for the wind to blow... ahhahaa. No way - I'm not complaining about this nice showery rain, like two weeks' of it! Into our 5th year of drought, any water falling from the sky is always welcome.

I've been able to finally order the last four George Johnston books I need to complete my collection of his entire published works! OK OK... so, some of his books (like these four) have been out of print for like 50 years, but he's still my favourite author. Ahh, you've got to love abebooks.com !

The Right. Rev. Sir Thoon 'Perry' Fishie seems to be loving his brand new 18/20 litre tank - all that room to play about in.

After last having one in 1986-ish, I bought myself a tiny practise amp for my bass guitar, for only $45. It's just so I can sit here in my bedroom and quietly chug along to CD's and practise - without having to drag out my whole 'rig' - that would be a HUGE pain in the @r$e otherwise!

I also have been able to get my great little watch fixed - it's nice to have the time on my wrist 24/7 again. You don't realise how much you miss it until... you know.

Did I already say...? Anyway, I've applied (and been accepted) to complete my Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment... that's the basic legal competency I need to be a workplace trainer, anyway. It should only take about 6 weeks' to do, but I've got 6 months to do it over, part-time via distance. I'm happy with doing that. Back to a bit of light study - nothing as debilitating as some of the rubbish they try to get you to do thru a Uni degree! hahahaa.

I know, I know... "Money Can't Buy Me Love" - and it doesn't. Altho I'm sitting on about a 7-out-of-10 at the moment - that's a nice improvement from the other week. It's nice to be debt-free as well - ahh, the joys of a free University education, eh...?!?


Postscript... the reason why this is being posted 2 days after I wrote it is - I have a brand-new computer! I've just been transferring docs and files across from one to the other... this one is literally brand-new, really fast - and actually has some hard-disk space - unlike my old one. Sure, the other PC only cost me $60 (I think, about 2 1/2 years ago), and it's done the job I've needed it to do. But it's just too slow and small for what I'll be needing in the future. That's cool.

PS. The study material for the Certificate IV stuff arrived yesterday... already I've been reading thru it and beginning to organise and plan things in my head... it's a worry, eh?


Cyalayta
Mal (Mallard d'Quackers) :o)
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net
CoWF-ULC: http://clik.to/ulc
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969)

3 Comments:

On July 01, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

congrats on the new computer! I love new toys also..lol Sometimes you just gotta have a few new things, especially when you go without for so long! take care mal!

 
On July 01, 2005 10:52 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

Thank you, ma'am! It's a real joy - I'm very lucky. Thanx mum! lol

 
On July 02, 2005 6:27 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Lots of good news! That's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face