First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

(*) Monday Monday

I am ashamed to call myself an Australian at the moment... our Government still cannot agree on humanizing our draconian immigration and detention laws. I mean - there is one person who has been in detention (because the Govt. can't get their $#it together) - for SEVEN YEARS!!! Yes - seven years! Disgraceful - and plain embarrasing.

STOP PRESS! 7.30am Tue 14 June - Michael Jackson found NOT GUILTY of all four charges laid against him! I KNEW it! Trial by media - poor bastard. Sure - he IS wierd, but it's not against the law to be wierd.

The World's Easiest Quiz
Please have a go - correct answers in a few days!

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

(Thanx to TangerineStar for this one!)


This week we're going to do something a little different... anagrams. What is an anagram? An anagram is a rearrangement of the letters of one word or phrase to form another word or phrase.
Please list at least one anagram for the following words...

1. praised - a spider (despair; daipers)
2. idle - lied (deli)
3. lamp - palm
4. tied - diet (edit; tide)
5. lured - ruled
6. sang - nags (sang)
7. hoes - shoe (hose)
8. rats - tars (star; arts; tsar)
9. mobbed - bombed
10. rifle - refil


NB. my first answers are actually mine - but then - I cheated - but only after I'd already done them all myself!
http://www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/anagram.html

Yes, they're at it again...!

5 Comments:

On June 14, 2005 6:08 AM, Blogger Wil said...

Surprisingly enough, there's even others for a coupla of those anagrams!
Nice job, though. :D

 
On June 14, 2005 1:00 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm not going to attempt the quiz because my answers are going to be the obvious ones. And i am expecting that is what you want us to think and i would be totally wrong..lol

can't think of any others than what you got on the other one.

 
On June 14, 2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Alice said...

well, I was going to go for the obvious ones as well, but thought I would check on the 100 years war on google. Turns out none were what I thought, but it is true, I have definitely learned something new today!

So here's what I learned
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get catgut? Sheep or horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Not camel's hair. Camel was the name of the guy that invented it. Usually other animal hair
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson (Well that's almost purple!)
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? Generally new Zealand these days. (Kiwi fruit)
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? My son assures me that it's orange!

 
On June 17, 2005 4:54 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Ugh, I wouldn't even have attempted that easy quiz! I would have picked all the stupid answers! lol You come across some crazy stuff sometimes Mal!

 
On June 17, 2005 11:39 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

Thanx all! I'll post the right answers now - but ALICE got them all 100%!!! Whoo hoo!

Cyalayta
Mal :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face