First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

(*) The Slough of Despond

The Slough of Despond - I've slipped to a 4 out of 10.

Hang on... a trigger (of sorts...) I've been doing a bit of home-based 'research' onto an old 'christian' theme from a few years ago (well, 'christian' as when I last explored the concept, but not presently in that context - clear as mud? lol).
The Four Different Types of 'Love'
[i] Family Affection (Gk. 'storge')
[ii] Friendship (Gk. 'philea') eg. 'Philadelphia' = City of Friendship
[iii] Unconditional Acceptance / Charity (Gk. 'agape')
[iv] Lust (Gk. 'eros') ie. 'erotica'
Having deliciously experienced all four of these different types of 'love' in my lifetime so far, all in varying expressions of depth, and realising that all four - at times - overlap, I'm just devestated that #3 is not humanly possible - even after experiencing it personally for 7 years.


Sunday, June 05, 2005
I hope you enjoy the following challenge!
Using the letters in the following word, describe that word. The word is...

W arming gloowing sunsets
E therial endless horizons
A ltitudinal thunderclouds
T hermals in sub-zero winters!
H ot days and cool evenings
E veryday is a new weather day to experience
R ed sails in the sunset

(Try to be as creative as possible!)


Week 122

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Exhibit:: Art Gallery reverenced silence
  2. Evolution:: Devolution of a System
  3. Loser:: I'm a (Lennon/McCartney, 1964)
  4. Hypnotic:: Dymanic Hypnotics
  5. Unlikely:: another child
  6. Interrupt:: Coitus
  7. Ambivalent:: Whatever...
  8. Rise and fall:: of the Third Reich
  9. Indian:: Sitar
  10. Prophecy:: Ezekiel 23:20

4 Comments:

On June 07, 2005 3:28 AM, Blogger Raehan said...

Thanks for coming by today. I'd play your word games, but I'm not supposed to be blogging right now. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. This is babysitter time. Gotta go.

 
On June 07, 2005 3:43 AM, Blogger Mallard said...

My lips are sealed... damn this lip gloss... hahahaa.
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

 
On June 07, 2005 3:52 PM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Don't you get #3 from your boys these days?

 
On June 08, 2005 4:33 AM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

zinnia is right mal! You will always have that.

warm winds
evening stars
american
teachers that teach
hysterical laughter
everyone happy
remembering good times

I'm not good at this...but these are what came out of my mind first.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face