First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Friday, June 17, 2005

(*) Black dog barking loudly

Blog of the Week
Sparks Fly Upward - check it out.

Blues Bounce Back!
NSW overcame the dreaded Queenslanders in Wednesday night's State of Origin rugby league game - the Blues leveled the series 1-all, walloping QLD 32-22! Go the Blues!!!

I'm also looking forward to the next Ashes series of cricket tests against the Poms which begin in England very soon - come on, Aussie!

The boys have a brand-new bouncing baby half-brother, born on Thursday night. All is well - and of course they're very excited. That's really great news. I'm excited for them all too.

The battery in my little car has conked out... a minor hassle - but the first part of mum's estate arrives next week, so I can finally pay-off all my debts at last! All right!

We've had some good rain over the week, but it's not drought-breaking stuff... just enough to give the farmers who 'sewed dry' (ie. planted seeds in a dry paddock) some sort-of hope for a crop this coming season. And yes - it's been COLD out here... even as I write, it's just 2c (36f)! Ack!

You may not believe this, but - I'm actually now ordained through the Universal Life Church (ULC)... yes, the Rev. Mallard d'Quackers...! It's true! pmsl! In reality - it means nothing outside of the USA!


I'll be visiting 'Norm' tomorrow (hopefully) - I had to postpone the last 2 days, as I've been out-of-action physically with insanely-horrid sinusitis - eewww! The 'black dog' barking loudly in my brain didn't help my state of mind, either... whinge whinge whinge...! lol.

I had a nice phone call from an old chatroom friend tonight - good to talk and catch-up again, Sedate! We're planning to catch-up face-to-face with her family as they're coming thru this way in a few weeks - excellent! It's also been interesting having another old friend ringing me regularly to keep a watchful eye out for me. I also just read that another old friend (from Primary School), TangerineStar, spent some time in hospital recently. I must have missed her tonite, so I'm not sure what happened! That's no good for poor Ms Tangerine! :(

4 Comments:

On June 18, 2005 3:48 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Congrats on becoming a Rev.
Your the first Rev. that i know. :)
I only know 1 pastor. Is there a huge difference between pastors and rev.?

 
On June 19, 2005 1:19 AM, Blogger broomhilda said...

Congrats Rev. Mal, I am also ordained through Universal Life Church. Does that make you my clergy brother? :-D

 
On June 20, 2005 6:15 AM, Blogger Mallard said...

Thanx, ladies. Yup, a Pastor and a Rev are the same thing. lol Broomhilda - I guess we are clergy brothers!

 
On June 20, 2005 6:39 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Glad things are looking up. 2c - that's vile! We've just hit summer here in the UK, better late than never!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face