First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

(*) Conversation at least twice

Hiya. Hope this quick note finds you well, happy, healthy and keeping warm!

Just a quick one today Ms Paige.  The end of last week and over the weekend I was soooo sick! I was sleeping like 12+ hours a day - nausea, trots (severe 'Myth Busters' 3+!!!), no appetite - the works. Body clock was in reverse - I had no idea if it was night or day at various moments. Weight loss, raging thirst... who knows what the fark was going on, but I felt so blah about feeling blah - a typical male response, eh? lol. Then I woke up on Monday morning - and I felt about 95% fine! It was like flicking a switch! I felt fine - it was like night and day, the difference I was feeling. I felt bright inside myself, and my mind was clear - a nice feeling. By Monday arvo I felt just great - I still have no idea what was going on! Damn glad it's all over tho.

I was feeling guilty because I had to postpone visiting 'Norm' until this arvo - but that's fine, really. But I still felt horrible about not being able to drop in and visit him all the same. I've visited him twice now - and had the same conversation at least twice! No problem! The freezing weather out here (it may snow here tomorrow! Ack!) is slightly compounded by the fact of my dear little car being sans-battery presently, but fingers' crossed that will be solved by the end of this week. Poor Thoon fishie's water is cold too, but he doesn't seem to mind... he's still going great guns - as cheeky as ever, norty thing. Somedays I almost forget he is there, but at least once a day I just sit on the edge of my bed for five minutes and have a limited dialogue with him - and he loves the attention too! He's still good to have around... I don't know why I didn't get a goldfish absolutely years' ago! He's great - thanx Mr Thoon fishie.

The boys' new baby (half) brother is home now - I heard a small 'squeak' from him thru the phone when I was speaking with JD last night. All's well there, apparently. They'll be looking forward (?) to their first snowfall out there in the next 48-hours, I reckon. That'll make their daily 30km school bus trip interesting, for sure!

I've managed to catch-up with an old friend who's had a nasty turn and spent some time in hospital, with a nasty eptoptic (?) pregnancy. The poor lady is devastated. I'm glad her parents and partner are around to be there for her while she's recuperating at home, and it was really good (for both of us) to touch base with her on the phone this arvo.

'Rev.' Mallard? Yes - really! Nothing's changed at all, I'm just re-exploring part of myself that's been out-of-comission for a few years. It's a 'spiritual experiment', I think. Hmmm... don't worry - I'm not going to go all nutty on you! Like I said, nothing's changed. http://clik.to/ulc

Random thought - I haven't heard anything at all from two old (and I mean old!) friends who now live in Canada for quite a while. I'll try to ring them (again) tonight.

Another random thought (as you may have realized by now - my mind often exists string-to-string of these so-called 'random thoughts'! lol)... I still haven't written about the nice crazy people at the plum packing shed yet. Not that I don't want to, it's just that my mind's been elsewhere. There's some really good funny (and norty) stories from that funny experience... I WILL get about to it eventually! D'oh!

On This 21st Day of June...
Born: Ray Davies (The Kinks, 1944); Jean Paul Sartre (philosopher, 1915).
Events: Winter Solstice! Shortest day of the year for us down under.
Useless Trivia: The world's longest kebab was 630 meters long (1991).
My Soundtrack:
"Black Sea" XTC
Footwear: My $2.50 runners - recently successfully nappisaned too!
Weather: cold, wet, windy - predicting possible snow tomorrow!!!


Cyalayta
Mal (ie. Rev. Mallard d'Quackers)   :o)
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net
CoWF-ULC: http://clik.to/ulc
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)

4 Comments:

On June 22, 2005 7:07 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

So glad you're over that nasty bug. Bet you don't want to hear about the lovely summer weather we're having over here in England!!

 
On June 22, 2005 8:44 AM, Blogger Mallard said...

Ooooh - you big tease! hahahaa.

 
On June 22, 2005 3:26 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Glad your doing better Mal! It's not fun being sick.

It's 85F degrees over here in Michigan...:P Too hot! But i am just fine in my central air:) ahhhh

 
On June 23, 2005 9:11 PM, Blogger broomhilda said...

Mal, I'm glad you are better. It's lovely summer here in Illinois. Warm and sunny... :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face