First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

(*) Parent-Teacher Night

Yup, it's come around again - yay! Parent-teacher night at the boys' school is this Thursday night... looking forward to seeing how they're going at school... it's hard to be involved in many ways as I haven't been kept informed in the past of events and happenings, but now that's been changed, and I'll be attending a whole lot more parent-involved things from now on... there are some who will not like it (for reasons of their own power-politics in a 28-child school... yes, sadly, it's true!), but I'm being involved for the boys sake - and for no other reason. If someone wants to get shirty with me, I will ignore them and focus on my children instead - which will drive 1 or 2 absolutely nuts, because of their little power struggles they seem to wanna keep up appearances and stuff. Well, I don't give a shite about any of that, like I said - i'm there for the boys. Life's too short (and their schooling life is too short) for people to try and keep me out of things. I admit I'm a bit nervous about attending a few of the open day events they have this week at the school for parents (as it's the end of term), but I'm going for the boy's sakes. The parent-teacher night is fine, it's getting the cold shoulder from other parents who used to be really good friends a few years' ago that pisses me off. But I'm not gonna let them get at me. Actually, at the school presentation night last year, I had one parent come up and really support and encourage me not to put up with that kinda crap and that I stil have rights! Isn't that nice?! They didn't have to do that, but they made a point of coming over and reasurring me I still had basic rights as the boys' dad! You wouldn't belive this sorta power-play crap would happen in a tiny 'chritsian' school now, would you?!?

Went to visit "Norm" today, but he'd gone out on a day bus trip with some others from the nursing home - I missed him!... at least he's still getting out and about.

Are you/were you a fan of Sesame Street? See how many of these favourite memories you can recall! Enjoy.

Heard the new local Baptist pastor talking on the radio yesterday (that church used to be my old church before I left in disgust! lol)... what he had to say was *really* balanced, level and pretty well spot on... in reality his views would be considered very Liberal here, and I feel sorry for the guy... he won't last here too long... the old guard who run and 'own' that church will see to it he either does what they ask him to, or he'll get pressured out. It's what happened before, and from the handful of conversations I've had with people over the past 18 months, it seems things still really haven't changed in the place, when it comes to petty party personal politics. It's like the whole deal with the school... life is just too short, hey? It's one of the reasons why i won't be going back to church again... the people who've been there for years and years and years think they own the place, and just squeeze anybody out who doesn't fit into the neat little box they've constructed for themselves. Oh well... life's like that. I don't miss all that shit anyway, to be absolutely honest. After 17 years, it's just wonderful to be away from all that shit. I miss the people and the great friendships I made during those years, but about 99% of them turned their back on me when I left the church. Good friends, hey? Shit yeah!

Roll on the sailing season - the first sail is in about 13 days' time... but, who's counting, huh? hahahaa! I'm *really* looking forward to getting out in my own little boat... a bit nervous too... it's been like 10 years+ since I last went out... it's like riding a bike tho - you don't forget how to do it, it's just the level of skill that needs refreshing! Oh I just can't wait! I'm all excited just thinking about it... I've got all my sailing gear (jumpers and jacket and life jacket and stuff...)... just gotta go do it! Whew! We've had a bit of rain out here too, so there might be a few extra inches to sail in by then... oh, I think I said the same thing in my last post too... d'oh! Oh well... wOOt!


Oh by the way... I wasn't successful with that servo job either. That's the way it goes, eh...
On This Day...
Born: Sophia Loren (actress, 1934)
Died: Fletcher Christain ('HMS Bounty' fame, 1793)
Events: CCR's "Bad Moon Rising" No. 1 in UK, 1969
Useless Trivia: Kangchenjunga is the world's 3rd tallest mountain at 8590m/28170'
My Soundtrack: 'Stop Making Sense' Talking Heads
Footwear: sox and shoes! gasp! horror! shock!
Weather:
spring is on the way!!!
Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers :o)
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

On September 20, 2005 7:02 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

one two three four five, six seven eight nine ten, eleven twelve!

Oh Sesame Street nostalgia is just the best!

And I love love love Talking Heads

 
On September 20, 2005 8:21 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

I'm surprised they didn't mention the classic song, "Muh nuh muh nuh"!!! (Doo doo do do doo!)

 
On September 20, 2005 9:56 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

*sings*

mahna mahna doo doo de dooo
mahna mahna doo doo de doo doo
de doo doo de doo doo doo de doo doo doo doo doo...

wasn't that the Muppets??

 
On September 21, 2005 3:11 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Spend as much time as you can with your boys and it makes all the difference in the world if you are involved in what they are doing.

Won't be long before they are all involved with girls and off doing their own things.

your a good father mal, don't let anyone tell ya different!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face