First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Friday, April 14, 2006

(*) A New Car!!!

Yes yes! At last! I actually own a new car! I mean... this one is still under its' New Car Warranty! I've never actually ownwd a really good/nice car like this before!

It's a 2003 Mitsubishi CG Lancer ES Sedan, 2 litre 5-speed manual, navy blue, with only 50,000 kms on the clock, and I got it at a GREAT price too! It's perfect for what I need...
Here's some images of my new little car:
e.domaindlx.com/iceland1/car/index.html

Needless to say, I am very happy with it. I haven't told my brother or the boys yet... my brothers' coming up to stay over Easter this weekend, and I'll just surprise him by pulling it out of the garage when we go out somewhere... same with the boys... I'll just drive up in it when I pick them up on Sunday morning! heh heh

The funny thing is... I'm excited about having a CD player in the car! I know, it's silly! The last 3 vehicles I've had never had a stereo of any note... well, I popped a CD into this one, turned it up, and... wow! Loud and clear! I was embarrased at how good it sounded!

Within the next month or so I'll get a towbar fitted, so I can tow my little sailing dinghy about to where the water is... but only when it starts to warm up again! Brr... it's cooling down quickly here now!

It sounds a bit silly, but it was a strange, sad feeling to say goodbye to my little white 1988 Toyota Corolla... it's done everything I wanted it to do when I got it 18 months' ago. Can't ask more than that, huh?
It's been an emotive week... firstly, for the first time in five years I am totally debt-free! It's a surreal feeling, let me tell you! Then Wednesday was the 10th anniversary of my dad's passing, so there were some mixed emotions in there - I still really miss him being around. Then there was 'Kitty Kate's' passing last Friday. Then there's the new car... so, it's been a real up-and-down week. I feel fine tho. Looking forward to this weekend - my brother is staying here over Easter and I'll be taking him and the boys to the Car Races on Sunday! Yay!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

On April 14, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Sorry about your loss mal.

Have fun with your new car! Being out of debt is the greatest! I'll get there some day.

Have fun with your boys and your brother.

 
On April 18, 2006 10:38 PM, Blogger The Dwarven One said...

Hey, thought I'd leave a note seeing you've left a few at mine! Nice to hear about the car, but sorry to hear about the loss of a friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face