First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Friday, July 08, 2005

(*) Really rusty

I just tried Blogger's new photo upload - and, as you can see Ms Paige - it works! No more stuffing about with html code to post a pic! Whoo hoo!

This pic was taken earlier this week, just a few minutes before-and-after one of the offshore stacks known as the "12 Apsotles" off Victoria's southern coastline - collapsed into a puff of sandstone! That's erosion for you!

This is going to be one of those posts with lots of little notes... oh well... tuff! lol I had a lovely visit from an old friend who was passing thru town the other day, 'Sedate' from Sydney. We've known each other for about 3-and-a-half years, after chatting in a MSN chatroom all thos eyears' ago This is the second time we've met - and it's been great.

In the shopping centre downtown today, I bumped into one of the kids I used to teach in Kids' Club about 5+ years' ago. She was always a good kid - easy to remember, with a nice smile. A kid no longer, she was with her partner pushing her baby around in a pram! She was such a great kid, and in some ways she doesn't seem to have changed so much... a case of babies having babies! It was a bit of a shock! I must be getting old!

I finally remembered to get myself started with a small sketchboard and sketch paper again, after a break of a few years. I'm going to try sketching again - but I'm really really rusty at it. I think I'm more of an impresisonist, if anything! I haven't drawn for about 5+ years nowdays! Sheesh... thought I'd try to keep my hand in a bit more.

I dropped in a packet of smokes to 'Norm' this arvo... and also discovered his birthday is one day different to mine! I should be able to remember that! He's settled down well there, the sisters told me today - that's good to hear

I received the second of my last four George Johnston books this morning... "Pacific Partner" was published in 1944, while he was a war correspondant. It's a first edition too, but only cost me $11! I'm not a die-hard book collector, but it'll be nice to have all of my favourite author's books at last - considering most of them have been out-of-print for like 50 years! lo1

Hanging out with the boys tomorrow - going to the Motor Racing Museum at Mt Panorama, for a bit of rev-headedness! lol. The other week we all went together to watch 'Madagascar' at the movies... not a bad film - fully cartoon animated for a change - the boys seemed to love it, altho I thought I'd seen better... I think I'm still totally biased after experiencing "The Incredibles"! lol More rain... yay!

The drought here is lessened, but we'll still need more and more follow-up rain, if we're to see thre back of this four-year drought.

Here's a link you might need to check out... it's the Loopey Diconary of strange definitions... Broomhilda reminded me about the page I wrote together with a whole heap of people a few years' ago.
Defunitions
Carcinoma--n., a valley in California, notable for its heavy smog.
Lymph--v., to walk with a lisp.
Gargoyle--n., an olive-flavored mouthwash.
Bustard--n., a very rude Metrobus driver.
Coffee--n., a person who is coughed upon.
Flatulence--n., the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
Balderdash--n., a rapidly receding hairline.
Semantics--n., pranks conducted by young men studying for the priesthood, including such things as gluing the pages of the priest's prayer book together just before vespers.
Marionettes--n., residents of Washington who have been jerked around by the mayor.

(Thanx to Broomhilda: http://www.broomhilda.blogspot.com/ )
Cyalayta
Mal :o)


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face