First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

(*) Fox in Socks

Ix was sooooooo adorable tonight... he stopped and made time to sit down and read the classic Dr Seuss "Fox in Socks" to me over the phone (he's 6)... heart-melting moment! He really didn't want to go... he even said "I love you dad!" - getting all soppy here! Oh thank ford for that!

My mum bought the boys the complete Dr Seuss collection a few years ago, so it's just unreal to see them reading them like this! My favourite when I was a 5-yo was "I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew"... my boys still have my original copy, along with it's replacement!

Oh come on - admit it! You had a favourite Dr Seuss book as a kid, eh? What was it...?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

On September 20, 2005 9:16 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Well my favorite was Green Eggs & Ham! For some reason I can't seem to get Skyler interested in the Dr. Seuss books. She likes to read the Disney Princess books, but has no interest in Dr. Seuss whatsoever. That really blows, because I loved them when I was little. I guess we all have our favorites. Maybe Chase will like them. Skyler has my entire book collection. My parents kept every single book I had growing up. Remember all those Little Golden Books? That's great you still have your favorite copy to pass on to your sons.

 
On September 20, 2005 9:58 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

Actually it was Fox in Socks - yes really!

And thats a damn cute moment - not quite the same kind of couch moment as mine, but still up there with couch moments to aspire too.

You just have to melt when your children read to you...

 
On September 20, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

I had the Disney Books, not Dr. Seuss - for some reason they sort of gave me the creeps - but I was fond of Horton hears a Who.

Thanks for reading my blog and giving me nice compliments! Love hearing from other countries.

 
On September 21, 2005 4:06 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I'm with Monica - mine was Green Eggs & Ham too.

 
On September 21, 2005 3:15 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I will have to say that "The Grinch" is my favorite. Book or movie makes no difference.

 
On September 21, 2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

I do not want green eggs and ham, sam I am...

I have a small collection of Dr Seuss here... I like "The Lorax" these days :)

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face