First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

(*) I have a new job - at last!

Tomorrow morning I start as a commercial laundry's driver around town... starting as a casual (but 5 days a week) with the possibility of full-time. Just driving around town picking up and dropping off bags of laundry to hotels and motels etc - not bad, not bad at all. Not hard work... it'll be good to get back into a routine again, that's what I'm mainly excited about. And actually having money again... oooh! Luxury! Just as well I like driving, hey? No, it'll be a positive for me... I really did need to get into the workforce again - for my own mind's sake - and it's only a simple work situation, so it'll be nice.

The phone rang at 2.30... interview at 3.30, they said start in the morning 15 minutes later! It all happened as quickly as that! Totally out of left-field. A nice surprise for a change.

So, as far as going visiting the boys at school this week, now I won't be able to, as I'll be working instead! All that silly worry for nothing, eh? But still looking forward to parent-teacher night tomorrow night.

So, if I'm not blogging as much as I have been, tis because I'm spending my evenings studying and sleeping - for a change! hahahaa.

Working bee this Sunday out at the sailing club, just getting a few things ready for the start of the sailing season in a few weeks. 11 days to go until my first sail... yes, still counting! lol

Hoping to spend some time with the boys on saturday, but speaking briefly with their mum last night she didn;t sound too keen... that's just the way she is, fine one day, seemingly psycho the next! I'll try again tonight and give her a few more options... less of a chance for her to say no this time! lol. Looking forward to hearing Ix's next installment of "Fox in Socks"...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

On September 21, 2005 9:58 PM, Blogger gammamoma said...

CONGRATULATIONS MAL! I am so happy for you! I know that it has been hard to do all you want without work, but, you will now have more to share with your kids. Good luck with the new job.

 
On September 21, 2005 11:51 PM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Great news! No, let me amend that: really great news! I hope it all goes very well for you. Best of luck!

 
On September 22, 2005 9:29 PM, Blogger Monica said...

Alright! Congratulations on the new job! I wish you the best of luck.

 
On September 23, 2005 1:20 AM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

I'll miss you....

but great news on the job front!!

 
On October 01, 2005 1:21 AM, Blogger broomhilda said...

Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face