First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Monday, October 03, 2005

(*) Sailing - wOOt!

What a great weekend! Sat saw me towing my little boat and getting it ready for the season, practising rigging it and checking every detail, rope, knot and connection in glorious warm sunshine. Yesterday saw me actually 'christen' my little 'Wyreema' and I went out for about a 90-minute sail in moderate winds - wOOt! Amazingly easy little sailing dinghy to rig and sail too... I had an absolute ball. I'm feeling pretty weary today tho... using muscles i'd forgotten I had tho... hahahaa. But well worth it. Someone took some photos of me while I was out on the water... I'll post them when I download them off my camera - some look really great! A really great day all round.

My brother got home fine from his holiday up in Cairns yesterday, and they'll be coming out to visit me in a week or two. Not next weekend tho... it's the 'Great Race' here, and everything and everyone goes slightly potty while it's on... plus I'll be sailing again next Sunday too! hahahaa. Gotta get as much practise as I can... yeah, it's like riding a bike - I hadn't forgotten, but the skill level was pretty low! hahahaa! At least i didn't capsize... but the club scretary capsized his boat instead! hahahaa.

Good win by the West Tigers last night oo... go the Tigers.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

On October 04, 2005 8:51 PM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Sounds terrific! It's getting colder here, so nice to hear about warm weather to remind me that summer will come around again. Eventually!

 
On October 07, 2005 6:55 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Hey Mal... long time, no quack with my favourite duckie. (Sorry, drakie...)

Looking forward to seeing the photos of you a-sailin', how lucky you are. I'd love to sail, but i guess I'll just have to sail vicariously through you!

Be well, take care..

Trollmamma xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face