First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

(*) Wyreema sails onwards

It's been a good week... I'm physically tired but emotionally fine. Launching my little Wyreema last weekend was awesome - what a great experience for me... made me feel really alive! Click on the thumbnail to see the bigger pic...

Yes, that's really ME out there! Sailing again has really be a deep soul-uplifting experience for me again. I mean, I 'christened'/launched my little boat in memory of my dad, but I'm doing it for me - it's given me a sense of doing something socially and physically again... I've been stuck at home brooding for 4 years too long, hey?! Funny side-effects from going out on the water after a 10-year layoff were having sore buttocks from sitting on the boat! hahahaa! (NB. Here's a thumbnail gallery of all the pics...)

Work driving a laundry van about town has been great - I'm really getting into the swing of it all. It's pretty physical work at times (lifting big bags of laundry etc) but it's not 'hard' at all... my body's complaining a bit... i'm just not used to so much lifting and some muscles that haven't had that kinda workout for a few years are reminding me they're still around lol. The start of this week was pretty manic (it was a 4-day week, so we were behind the gun from the start!) as it's Race Week up here... Mount Panorama kinda explodes with car racing fans from all over the place... but by Friday arvo at 3pm we had *all* completely finshed at work... so much to the point that we were able to play cricket in the laundry carpark waiting for knockoff time! So that's cool. Tho next week'll be busy - picking up about 5 billion sets of laundry from various hotels around the place after all the visitors go away again! Not to worry... I'm feeling quite happy with it all - enjoying going to work evey moring. Speaking of the 'Great Race', I was up at the track yesterday doing a delivery, watching the V8's hurdle around the curcuit... which is quite funny, as normally it's a plain local road that I drive on about 4 times a week!

JD & SJ had a blast at their school holiday camp last week... they had all four seasons in one day, but - that's to be expected at 1,000 meters up! My brother and his missus got back fine from their holiday up in Cairns - glad to have them back nearby. Still no news about mum's place being sold at this stage, but it's not as though we've got any timelines to meet with it all.

So generally I'm feeling pretty happy. I had a nasty dream early this week... woke me up feeling suddenly really angry and moody in the middle of the night (negative feelings about my ex and the whole situation) - I was a bit shocked how there are things that, way deep down, still must be bugging me (that'd explain my bizarre health issues sometimes!) Alas, I was able to pretty quickly shake it off and get on with feeling back on track with an hour or so... thanx to the meds which stabilize those kinda emotional upheavals from time to time. Of course i've got some emotional baggage (geebus I hate having to say that, but it's true I know), but I'm getting on with things as best I can. I'm generally pretty happy being by myself... to be honest I'm too timid to get emotionally involved with someone else again at this stage - I don't wanna get hurt again, to be honest. Sure, I may be missing out on some things life has to offer me in my 40's, but generally I'm going pretty OK. Not perfect, nor anything like the 'old' me, but pretty OK.

Ooooh... lookit! hahahaa!

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

On October 09, 2005 3:18 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Looks like your having lots of fun. Will the boys go on it? or try it?

Work will get easier in time. you know that. I mean once your muscles get used to it.

I had a bad dream about my hubby cheating on me and the next day i was mad at him all day....when i told him about it, he laughed.
I hope you have better dreams, sending ya positive vibes :) take care mal.

 
On October 09, 2005 6:33 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

Great to see you posting, and even better to hear that things are going well - the sailing looks amazing!!

Take care xx

 
On October 09, 2005 8:29 PM, Blogger 3rd daughter said...

great post mal, glad to hear the job is working out well. the sailing will be an enormous lift for your soul - you obviously enjoy it a lot.

 
On October 10, 2005 2:09 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

So glad it's all going well.

 
On October 12, 2005 7:17 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

I wouldn't dare do the whole sailing thing. I float like a lead balloon so it's just too scary.
Glad to hear the job is going well. Isn't it fab when the rollercoaster of life slows down a little? :)

 
On October 14, 2005 6:09 PM, Blogger Mallard said...

Thank you, ladies! Thanks for your nice comments - I appreciate them.

 
On October 16, 2005 7:00 AM, Blogger birdychirp said...

Really pleased you are sounding so happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face