First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

(*) Plainly bizarre

I must confess - there are just some things I will not share about myself on this blog. Yes, I know, I have poured out a good measure of my joys and angst thru this thing over the past 18 months, but there are just some things I just cannot bring myself to talk about in a public forum such as this. So - I apologise. Anyway - it's my blog, so, nuts to you! hahahaa!
The boys have the school presentation night tonight, which I'm looking forward to... mind you, their mum started our hour-long dialogue last week by 'telling me' that I should not go 'for the boys' sake'... well, I told her that I WILL be going 'for the boys' sake'! She later backed down and said she shouldn't keep saying things like that to me. Anyway, tonight will be a relaxed fun night. JD's last year in Primary School, so he'll get some sort of special award. Gasp! I cannot believe he'll be going to High School next year! What happened to my little baby boy?!? Mishtah booy is all growing up! Boo hoo! hahahaa.
My brother has not only invited me to their place for Xmas Day, but we're planning to have 2 or 3 days together in Sydney as well! Just getting a cheap motel and do a bit of sightseeing, and just hang out together. I'm really looking forward to that too. I'll actually *have* a Xmas this year, by the sounds of it. Plus he's still talking about taking me away on some cruise or rather to Fiji or something next year! Holy shite! lol

Sailing was a bit of a fizzer this week... at one point the lakes' surface resembled glass from lack of wind! Luckily I was about 100 meters offshore when that happened, but one poor bloke had to paddle about 1km back! Mind you, the first time I get to use the paddle on my boat - snap! Right at the handle! Useless! The handful of ppl on shore could hear me laffing my head off - it was very funny! On the very first stroke - snap! hahahaaa. Luckily I was pretty close in and was able to get myself in without much trouble.
But the magical part of the day was in mid-afternoon, while we were waiting for the wind to do something - anything! - about six of us jumped into the tinnie (aluminum speedboat used as a starting/safety boat) and anchored in the middle of the lake. All wearing our lifejackets (for the heck of it), we all went swimming in the middle of the lake! Now, in all my 41 years I've never done that before! The water and weather was awesome - just floating about and splashing about like twits - a really special time. I had an absolute ball. Needless to say, sailing is my big chance to just relax and feel as close as I can get to the elements at the moment. I love it, I really do.
The funny thing was - one of the guys and I went out to the lake last Tuesday to go for a sail, but we ended up doing a bit of work about the place, as - the wind was way too strong to even go out! hahahaaa!

Save a tree this Xmas season - don't burn logs in your fire - use old rubber tyres instead...

This has got to be my favourite, if somewhat slightly warped, song lyric of the week! I first heard this 1969 album by The Who way back in 1980, and altho I have the CD nowdays I don't play it all that much (it's a special one to me). However, driving out to sailing on Sunday, I remembered the whole lyrics to this song - just a total random thought on my part. Needless to say, I was pissing myself laughing as I was driving along a quiet country road! (I think I needed the stress relief in just laughing out loud, methinks!!!) Mind you, some of these lyrics are just so plainly *bizarre*! I still can't believe something so plainly cruel and awful would even get released as a commercial 'pop' song! hahahaaaa!
We're on our own, cousin, all alone, cousin.
Let's think of a game to play now the grown-ups have all gone away
You won't be much fun being blind, deaf and dumb,
But I've got no-one to play with today.
Do you know how to play hide-and-seek?
To find me will take you a week.
But tied to that chair, you won't go anywhere;
There's a lot I can do with a freak.
How would you feel if I turned on the bath, ducked your head under and started to laugh?
What would you do if I shut you outside, to stand in the rain and catch cold so you died?
I'm the school bully, the classroom cheat
The nastiest playfriend you ever could meet
I'll stick pins in your fingers and tread on your feet... (P.S. That line had me howling with laughter - it's just SO bizarre!)
Cousin Kevin (c) John Entwistle/The Who 1969

On This Day...
Born: Charlie Rich, 1932.
Died: Dianah Washington, 1963.
Events: Mick Taylor leaves the Rolling Stones, 1974.
Useless Trivia: Is black the absence of all colour and white the presence of all colour?
My Soundtrack: 'Tommy' The Who
Footwear: bare butt nekkid
Weather:
gloriously sunny with light winds
Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers :o)
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

On December 14, 2005 4:31 PM, Blogger Alice said...

I 1000% agree that you get to choose what you write on your blog. However, now that you've told us there's things that you're not telling us, I am quite intrigued!!

Enjoy the boys' presentation night tonight it's always good to see our kids recognised and affirmed.

Alice xx

 
On December 15, 2005 5:44 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

It's hard believe that i read about you swimming and sailing while we are all freezing over here in the united states..lol
Glad your able to get along with your brother. I wish me and my sister can have a great relationship. but as you can see that's not always possible.

 
On December 16, 2005 2:34 AM, Blogger birdychirp said...

Enjoy the play - those are some special moments!

 
On December 19, 2005 7:11 AM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

Intrigued too about what you're not saying!!!

Enjoy that time with your boys xx

 
On December 21, 2005 10:15 PM, Blogger gammamoma said...

Have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your Brother and with the children. You deserve it! Enjoy and have the best New Year ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face