First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

(*) Happiness is a warm gummy bear

Life remains great for me. Happiness is not something I've been so used to over the last four years! hahahahaa. No, seriously... things at work are positive I'm finding it easy to get back into a 'normal routine' and the work isn't hard, altho a bit of heavy lifting is making me use some muscles that haven't been used much lately. As a result of the physical activity 5 days a week, my emotional state is a whole lot better... sleeping well, eating OK, all of that. It's a nice place to be.

My brother came over for a visit for a few hours yesterday, and we just hung out together - really really positive. It's good we're at a point where we don't have to talk about M and all of that anymore, because, well, basically - it's all in the past now, isn't it? He and his wife are quite jack of the shite the boys' mum has been flinging in my direction over this year, so they're quite happy to just ignore all of that now. Me too - I'm jack of it too, and it doesn't affect me so much as it used to anymore, thank gawd. Boys ae going well, but getting to see them as ofetn as I'd like to is a bit of a hurdle at the moment. Hmmm...

There was supposed to be a sailing club meeting today - but only 2 other people showed up! Damn! The wind was great too (despite a bit of light rain) - I was keen to go out for a sail too! But - not today [sigh!] Not to worry.

Working with people with a disability is funny sometimes. One bloke who came out with me as a helper on my van run on Friday is quite physically handicapped, but has a great cheeky sense of humour all the same. While he's quite hard to understand sometimes, as I was walking out of a hotel back to the van I heard him say out loud, clear as a bell, "Get the lead out!" hahahaaa. Pretty funny. It's a nice gang of people to be working with too - they're all quite crazy, so I quite naturally fit straight in.

Thanx for all your lovely comments too - I really appreciate you taking time to stop by. Thank you!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

On October 16, 2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

Lovely to see you Mallard, and your happiness is just shining through - it does me good to come here and soak in it for a while. Thanks.

 
On October 16, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Glad things are looking so bright for you. But like you once said to me, make time for you and what you love.

 
On October 17, 2005 5:27 AM, Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

It's amazing what a positive effect physical activity can have on our mental/emotional state. And vice versa. Really glad things are looking so far up for you!

 
On October 18, 2005 5:37 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Things seem to be looking up for you Mallard. It's nice to see you doing so well. I think working with the handicapped is a great thing to do for the community. Take care!

 
On October 18, 2005 7:47 AM, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

its so nice when we can find happiness. You deserve it. we all do. I have also found physical activity, excersizze, work etc can be a huge boost to me mental health!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face